Ogun State Govt Reopens Faculties September 21, Function Three-Hour Timetable
Governor Dapo Abiodun
Following the lockdown of colleges as a result of coronavirus pandemic within the nation, the Ogun State Authorities has introduced Monday, 21 September 2020 for the reopening of colleges within the state for the primary time period of 2020/2021 session.
In a Press Assertion issued in Abeokuta by Kunle Somorin, his Chief Press Secretary, Governor Dapo Abiodun, at present September 7, the state authorities introduced that this second section of the reopening of colleges is prolonged to all courses in main and secondary faculties, Technical and Vocational Schools, and Tertiary Establishments.
The federal government stated as a part of the efforts to satisfy the COVID-19 tips for college operations, the varsity hours are staggered as follows for public faculties.
”• Main 1 to main 3:8.00am to 11.00am
• Main four to Main 6:12.00midday to three.00pm
• JSS 1 to JSS3:8.00am to 11.00am
• SS1 to SS3:12.00midday to three.00pm
• Technical and Vocational will function their regular faculty hours of 8.00am to 2.00pm
Early Baby Care Growth and Schooling courses i.e 3-5 years of age is not going to be resuming in public faculties till the subsequent section of colleges’ reopening.
• Personal faculties are additionally anticipated to take mandatory measures to satisfy the COVID-19 protocols for bodily distancing, amongst different necessities.
• Tertiary establishments are allowed to start reopening from 21 September, 2020 as could also be decided by their respective Administration.
It needs to be famous that the federal government had earlier introduced that every one college students had been given computerized promotion to the subsequent class, together with computerized placement for main 6 college students in public main faculties into JSS1 of public secondary faculties.”
The assertion provides that pupils fascinated about sitting for the State-owned Boarding Faculties will sit for the Widespread Entrance Examination on Saturday, 12 September 2020. The state authorities stated the hitherto JSS3 college students who’ve now been promoted to SS1 will write their Fundamental Schooling Certificates Examination (BECE) in October 2020.
The Assertion emphasised that the COVID-19 tips earlier issued for reopening of colleges are nonetheless in impact and embody:
• Provision of Sick bays / Isolation rooms in faculties.
• Coaching and designation of some lecturers as first line responders
• Use of face masks
• Common examine of physique temperature with infrared thermometers
• Provision of ample hand washing services and alcohol-based sanitisers for college kids and lecturers;
• Sustaining of bodily distancing of two metres
• Decontamination of colleges previous to resumption;
• Suspension of normal meeting.
“Our strategy to COVID-19 pandemic administration has been deliberate, methodical, targeted, inclusive and carefullybalanced between life and livelihood and this has manifested within the steps we’ve adopted to the reopening of colleges, guaranteeing security of our kids while minimizing disruption of their schooling. The rules are relevant to all faculties within the state whether or not personal or public.
I’ve directed the Ministry of Schooling, Science and Know-how to offer all public faculties with the required objects to satisfy the rules and personal faculty house owners are enjoined to do similar.
I cost our college students to take full advantages of the reopening of the colleges for his or her schooling development and want them a really fulfilling 2020/2021 tutorial yr”, the Governor stated.